South Carolina Policy Council
Since 1986 the South Carolina Policy Council Education Foundation has advocated innovative policy ideas that advance the principles of limited government and free enterprise. The Policy Council is the state’s meeting place for business leaders, policymakers, and academics – as well as engaged citizens – who want to see South Carolina become the most free state in the nation. For questions or comments on the articles on this website, please email Research Director Jamie Murguia.
Posts by South Carolina Policy Council:
- Delegations in SC rank among most powerful in nation
- Delegation influence reaches state airports
- South Carolina’s magistrate judge problem
- Lawmakers still haven’t fixed SC’s magistrate problem
- Small groups of lawmakers with tremendous power.
- State lawmakers are gearing up for a new road funding bill.
- House speaker admits SC shouldn’t be in the power business.
- Quick look: What’s happening with Santee Cooper?
- Why don’t more counties control local road funding?
- How small groups of lawmakers control massive state institutions